**** June 15, 2015 there will be a change in the scheduling for road and maneuverability tests. There will be a call center handling all scheduling needs for class D driver tests only. CDL will not be included with the scheduling. All calls will be directed to 877-4DX-TEST (877-439-8378). You can also log on to http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver-license.aspx
The individual driver exam sites will still take calls to answer questions but will not be scheduling the students unless absolutely necessary. The information has been posted on the BMV’s website.
* The State requires each student to complete the entire course within 6 months.
* Students may begin the classroom portion of the training at the age of 15 years and 5 months (before getting a permit). Once the permit has been obtained, the driving portion can then be scheduled.
* Please allow at least 6 - 8 weeks for your student to complete the classroom portion and then the driving portion.
* A student must have their permit with them for each drive, as required by law. Failure to bring the permit results in cancellation of the drive and a $30 rescheduling fee.
* Need to reschedule a drive? No problem. We only ask that you call us 24 hours in advance – less than a 24 hour notice results in a $30 fee. Remember that your instructor has set aside 2 hours of his/her time to work exclusively with you.
* Be considerate and call as soon as you realize your schedule drive time isn’t going to work. This allows us time to offer your spot to another student.
* We try very hard to never cancel a student’s drive. However, if an usual situation would arise (an instructor is ill or the weather turns bad), we will make every attempt to reschedule your drive as quickly as possible.
* Student Registration is held before the first night of class. A parent must be present for Registration.
* Need to miss a class? No problem. Students are never penalized for
participation in sports, school functions, part-time jobs, etc.
* If you let us know what class or classes will be missed, we will provide you with a make-up schedule. You will also be able to start your drives before you finish your make-up classes, as long as the drives are not on the same night as class.
* The 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training with a licensed instructor and cannot be included in the required 50 hours of driving with a parent or legal guardian (40 hours daytime driving/10 hours night-time driving).
* Students are permitted to drive themselves home after each of their drives. Please ask your instructor for details.6